The aim of the conference is to stimulate public dialogue on energy efficiency and to support wider implementation of energy efficiency measures. The speakers will thus discuss the key issues and fields to which energy efficiency can contribute the most. These are primarily:
• security of energy supply;
• decrease of energy poverty;
• environmental protection and tackling of the climate change;
• job creation and economical development.
The topics which will be covered in more depth are specifically:
• energy poverty as European reality and a growing issue in the South-East Europe and the most effective approaches for its decrease;
• Croatian economy and the possibilities for the development of energy efficiency sector;
• institutional responsibility for implementation of energy efficiency policies;
• citizen participation in the public policies and the opportunities for their improvement.
Participant target groups are:
• national and local executive and legislative power representatives;
• public and private entities interested in energy efficiency project development;
• NGOs as initiators of social changes;
• representatives of the academic and expert community;
• media representatives.
The preliminary conference programme you can find here. All interested parties may send the completed application form via e-mail to the address email@example.com by 15th of September 2011 the latest. The number of participants is limited and final confirmation will be sent by 20th of September 2011.The conference is organised with the support of the Croatian Ministry of the Economy, Labour and Entrepreneurship and financed by the European Union within the IPA 2008 programme together with the German Association for International Cooperation –GIZ.The working languages of the conference are Croatian and English with simultaneous translation provided.